Protect your own trees with a covenant

If you are interested in protecting mature trees on your own property The Tree Council can put you in touch with lawyers that can help. The lawyers will give you initial free advice to see whether a covenant is possible. You will then need to pay your own lawyer to produce documentation specific to your situation based on our legal advice.

Please note that any covenant will need an adjoining neighbours input, or can be done if you are considering a subdivision of your property. All covenants need two parties (not just yourself).

Please let us know if you would like to get some free legal advice on obtaining a covenant to protect the trees on your property.

Photo: Zane Wedding